• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can you guys take a quick look at this? need feedback

Get a Magic Eraser (cleaning supplies aisle at the grocery store) and cut off a small piece. Magic Eraser is melamine foam, and it's firm and abrasive enough to wipe crud off the stylus if you just gently drop the stylus onto the small piece you cut off. No extra pressure, you just want the diamond to penetrate into the foam up to the cantilver, and DO NOT drag it forward, backward, or sideways.

Couple/three "wipes" should get the diamond pretty clean, and it looks like you have a lump of gunk stuck to the back side. Significant amounts of anything will prevent the stylus from fitting into the groove and accurately tracking.
 
thanks guys! for cleaning my stylus ive been using this. pic attached. after a brush i brush whatever debris it has against my wooden cabinet my tt rests on. is that a good way to clean the brush? i dont wipe it with my finger cause i thought that the oils in ones finger would dirty up my stylus.i have a magic eraser somewhere. but let me know what you guys think of this brush. im curious.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20211229_180041836.jpg
    IMG_20211229_180041836.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 16
Looks good to me. I use a combo of magic eraser and Onzo (spelling?). I also have an artist small paint brush that I cut the bristles back a bit. I use that to gently remove any added dust and things that remain.
 
I generally use an Onxow for cleaning but for stubborn debris I use the Discwasher SC-1 and a little cleaning fluid. What you have there is similar.
 
If a diamond is dragged across a record, unless the diamond is ripped loose, it's not going to be damaged.

Doug
 
Back
Top Bottom