• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can you ID tube stereo form 1974 movie "The Conversation"?

Guest101

Super Member
I just finished watching "The Conversation" 1974 where Gene Hackman plays sax to Jazz played on a very cool stereo (or mono), which includes a tube integrated amp, manual TT, tape deck, and at least one speaker behind him. Attached is a screen shot from the movie.
attachment.php
 
Register to hide this ad
That's funny because the photo shows for me. Anyone else having the problem? I'll try posting it again.
attachment.php
 
Last edited:
The Scott has both transformers right at the front edge. I'm guessing Bogen DB-20.

I don't know anything about these but I think Sheltie Dave got it right. It looks like the images I found for a Bell 2200c. There's actually a few on eBay right now (no affiliation).
 
Funny you also saw this. I watched it about a week ago. Definitely a ROK L34jr. Im not good on old arms, though. Great movie. Franccis Ford Copola had jus finished The Godfather, and Paramount let him have free ride on any project he wanted. He wrote and directed this.
 
The Conversation is an excellent film, maybe the best Hackman work ever. And yes, he's playing along to the vinyl.
 
Back
Top Bottom