• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can you identify what this is?

kaplang

Works for me !
Can anyone one identify what this is? It looks very much like a Dynaco preamp but the switches on the left side are not familiar to me. I have a Pat 2 and 4 but they look different. It has no manuafacture markings and I can't find anything simular on the net. I have looked. :scratch2:

Thanks!

DSC00709.JPG DSC00710.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
a Dolby processor

It is built into a Dynaco chassis but I think it is a Dolby noise reduction processor for use with a tape machine..

From what I can make out by the written labelling on the rear of the unit,and the type of jacks down to the left it used an outboard supply or was slaved to a pre-amp for power..I cannot read the labelling on the front but it most likely is a processor..

Could be a rare item but also could be a DIY..

Matt ....tubeornotube
 
Fine! Then it is something that someone built into a Dynaco housing! Open it up!

I did. Has lots of wires, resistors, switches, a couple of big caps . Does not help me in knowing what it is. :scratch2: I was hoping someone Would recognize it as something they once had. Guess not.
 
It is in no way a Heathkit. It is an ex Dynaco and somebody made something else out of it.

Like Matt said, a Dolby processor or the whole thing could just be a switch box for putting external devices into the chain.

I see jacks for a reverb in and out too.

Just a home made, one off deal.

The odds are probably astronomical that anyboy else would have the same exact thing.

Doug
 
Hmmm... looks like maybe a preamp, plus dolby and possibly a tape head amp, plus a reverb tank drive and recovery circuit, and it looks like maybe no internal power supply. Or, maybe it's nothing but switches and mixing circuits. Could probably tell at least a little more from an inside pic.
 
It's probably a modified PAT-4, judging by the remaining silk-screen lettering, but I'm pretty sure Dynaco sold blank unpunched front panels for a while. Someone could have created this from whole cloth.
 
Back
Top Bottom