Walt
Well-Known Member
an MP3 encoded at the "standard" 128 kps, and one at say, 256 kps?
For me, when I use my tinny Lansing gutless desktop computer speakers I cannot.
But if I dump my soundcard output through a receiver and into my JBL's I most definitely can hear the difference. It's like the highs have been clipped and the lows are a bit more rumbly and muddy ... less defined.
Just my 2 c ... what have the other MP3 users out there found? What do you sample rate do you use when you rip?
For me, when I use my tinny Lansing gutless desktop computer speakers I cannot.
But if I dump my soundcard output through a receiver and into my JBL's I most definitely can hear the difference. It's like the highs have been clipped and the lows are a bit more rumbly and muddy ... less defined.
Just my 2 c ... what have the other MP3 users out there found? What do you sample rate do you use when you rip?