• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can't tune in Radio Station

I am afraid to open up fiddle with the electronics, because I have Zero experience . Does anyone still repair customer gear ?

I live near Seattle. The unit is to big to ship, but I could try to dismantle it and ship it . Or virtually with video sharing ?

The big speaker houses some electronics - could be the amplifier. The tuner is in the main section I believe.

1768996123590.png
 
By the looks of those antenna connectors, I would guess that your console could use a good cleaning, i.e. the controls & connections, tube pins, etc. Don't need too much experience to do that. Just a can of Deoxit, toothbrush, rag. Works wonders.
 
Unfortunately, the FM static has returned.
I don’t have much experience with electronics—do you have any recommendations for someone who could help repair it?
I live in the Seattle area. The unit is too large to ship easily in one piece, but I could remove internal components if given guidance (possibly via a video call).
I believe the amplifier is located in the large speaker enclosure on top, and the FM tuner is in the main console section.
 
Back
Top Bottom