• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Canton CT-800.....I finally beat the Canton Kid

lordgarth

Active Member
Here's my pair of CT-800's in beautiful gloss mahogany. The seller bought these from a a US Army vet who brought them home from Germany in the late 80's. After comparing them to my Braun L1030, it's obvious they need a recap. Listening to these 2 + the Quinto 530's. The 530's hold up very well to their big cousins. I never would have gotten them without the great help from Oliver-Canton Kid - providing me with the link to FB marketplace. I only joined DSC_0637.JPG DSC_0638.JPG DSC_0639.JPG DSC_0640.JPG DSC_0641.JPG DSC_0642.JPG with the intention of finding great stereo/speaker deals.
 
Register to hide this ad
Look like a set of MB quarts I have naturally as they both are german made. Your finish looks flawless....
 
Ah how did I miss these?! Congrats man! Btw I recognize that pic of the 530s and L-1030s from the FB group. Where did you pick these up from? Close to NY or was it a long journey? I had a set of the 800s years ago (very beat up) for 60$. Oak cabs. Kept the parts but the cabs had to go. Let me know if you need spare parts. I loved them. A perfect blend of my CT-80s (midrange/treble) and CT-1000s (low end response). Been on the hunt for another pair ever since :rflmao::D
 
Here's my pair of CT-800's in beautiful gloss mahogany. The seller bought these from a a US Army vet who brought them home from Germany in the late 80's. After comparing them to my Braun L1030, it's obvious they need a recap. Listening to these 2 + the Quinto 530's. The 530's hold up very well to their big cousins. I never would have gotten them without the great help from Oliver-Canton Kid - providing me with the link to FB marketplace. I only joined View attachment 1977809 View attachment 1977810 View attachment 1977811 View attachment 1977812 View attachment 1977814 View attachment 1977815 with the intention of finding great stereo/speaker deals.
They are a wonderful sounding speaker. I just found a pair cheap. I’ll recap mine as well. I’ve owned a pair of CT-2000 that I restored a few years back. Excellent speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom