• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Canton CT-800 stands

nelsress

Super Member
Was wondering what you folks who have a pair of these speakers use for speaker stands? approximately what height is recommended and should they tilt back? DIY is fine or manufactured, but these things are heavy so they have to be stands of substance. Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have my Fonum 200s on a long dresser, in my bedroom, which puts the tweeter at just about ear height
 
Thanks jazzmans, that is a good rule of thumb, tweeters at ear height when in your listening position.
 
So Jazzmans has some Cantons, nobody else? Anybody have CT-800's or their big brother the CT-1000's and if so, what dimension speaker stands do you recommend? Does anybody like these speakers? Now I hadn't heard of these prior to seeing them at the auction but they're from Germany and there are so many speaker brands and models out there that it's hard to keep track of what's what! Anyway, after listening to these in my shop for 4 or 5 days I'm impressed, these are pretty good speakers!
 
I recently became the owner of a pair Canton Karats. And they quickly became my favorite small speakers. Almost the same size as my A/D/S L400's but much better sounding overall. Cantons don't pop up too often but I'll be on the lookout for them from now on. If the little guys sound this good then I'd really like to play around with some of their bigger speakers.
 
Interesting motorstereo, I've not seen or heard Karats or any Cantons other than the ones I just found, thanks for your reply. I too had some ADS speakers of similar size to these Canton CT-800s (L-880's) and I also think that the Cantons sound much better than the ADS but was reluctant to say that. I am going rom memory but I had the L-880's in my main system and I liked them a lot and I've only listened to the Cantons thus far in my shop system so I'm sure I'm not "forgetting" how the ADS L-880's sounded.
 
I was also reluctant to say that the Cantons bettered my ads's to nelsress since I presently own 5 pair of them. I also have a pair of 880's which I like very much. Sounds like I may have to keep an eye out for some CT-800's.
 
I would definitely be on the lookout, motorstereo, they're definitely an "under the radar", "punch above their weight class" kind of speaker. I'm sure I overpaid for mine by AK vintage speaker standards but I'm glad I got them, they sound a lot better to me than any modern $220 speakers I've ever heard.
 
Back
Top Bottom