• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Capacitance increase ?

Patrick620

Audio Enthusiast
I'm getting ready to recap my Soundcraftsmen PCR800, which is doing seems to be holding it's own at running my RSII's. I will upgrade the amp at some point, but for now, and for future use with another set up, I'm gonna go ahead and recap it. The original power supply caps (2ea) are 11000uf 75V. I found a good price on some 15000 80v or some Adcom 22000 100v. My question is will 22000uf be too much of an increase? Also, is there any relationship in the capacitance and an amps ability to handle impedance dips with some speakers (RSII's) Thank you for any input.
 
Register to hide this ad
I think I would probably go all the capacitance you can add, your limiting factor will be the physical space. Then look at upgrading the rectifiers to something beefier to handle the inrush current. Bypassing the filter caps with some polypropylene caps is a good idea too. (I use 1mfd bridged with a .01)
 
Back
Top Bottom