• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Capacitor burn in ??

thank you. that's good to know.

i just checked and mouser actually has quite a few values in stock where they were not before.

that's good news for people who did not stock up on UKL.

i did notice that they do not show up under 'low leakage' so a direct line is needed.

I measure every single one of the caps I take out and put in and these Rubycon TWL universally (1, 2.2, 3.3, 4.7, 10) measure low by 20+%. I'm not an electrical engineer so I don't know if they normalize after installation, but FWIW other caps I've used haven't measured that way.
 
I measure every single one of the caps I take out and put in and these Rubycon TWL universally (1, 2.2, 3.3, 4.7, 10) measure low by 20+%. I'm not an electrical engineer so I don't know if they normalize after installation, but FWIW other caps I've used haven't measured that way.
well that's not cool. i'm used to a few % low for small value 'lytics but not 20%.

that will raise the high pass freq. anyplace they are used as coupling caps but it really shouldn't be audible.

guess i should buy some small batches and measure for myself since i tend to worry about things not worth worrying about.
 
I ran the sx-1080 for over 36 hours straight and it is sounding so much better. Much more crisp and detailed in the highs. I can't think of any other reason than burn-in. First time for everything I guess.
 
Back
Top Bottom