• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Capacitor voltage marking

Commander 31

New Member
New member here. I've been a follower of this forum for quite a while and finally retired and found some time to devote to vintage audio gear. I picked up a very nice KLH model twenty from a neighbor whose husband purchased it new in the mid sixties. Got the speakers recapped and sealed. They sound very nice. I pulled the turntable off for cleaning and lubricating. It looks pretty good overall but there's some dried up sticky grease that's causing some problems. I'll need to replace a couple capacitors that look like they're leaking. I'm having a problem identifying the markings on one of the capacitors.

Attached are photos of a capacitor mounted on the preamp board. I can't figure out what the voltage rating is for this capacitor. It's marked 6,4 volts. It's a comma not a decimal point. Has anyone else seen the voltage marked this way and can you tell what the voltage is on this capacitor? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 20200823_152211.jpg
    20200823_152211.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 30
Register to hide this ad
Europeans commonly use a comma (now that's a cute phrase) in place of a decimal point.

I'm sure there is some silly justification for this, but I ain't buying it, and personally have always detested the practice.

That is a 6.4 Volt capacitor.
 
Europeans commonly use a comma (now that's a cute phrase) in place of a decimal point.

I'm sure there is some silly justification for this, but I ain't buying it, and personally have always detested the practice.

That is a 6.4 Volt capacitor.
Thanks for the promp reply.
 
Howdy Commander. Those caps are obviously on the way out, good call. Welcome to the addictive world of fixing your own stuff!
 
Back
Top Bottom