mhardy6647
Lunatic Member
I am feeling a bit more philosophical this AM (i.e., Zappa the cat still draws breath).
Re: wire repair... so the trick is not heating too much, right, Nat?
I usually burn off varnish insulation with a soldering iron (and on bigger wire!), but I can't imagine that's a good idea with a fairly fragile VC hangin' on the other end!
So... how do you recommend to de-varnish the VC wire? Emery/sandpaper or something like that? I do realize it won't take much, but as you observe, I think I only get one chance to fix it right!
Cheers.
Re: wire repair... so the trick is not heating too much, right, Nat?
I usually burn off varnish insulation with a soldering iron (and on bigger wire!), but I can't imagine that's a good idea with a fairly fragile VC hangin' on the other end!
So... how do you recommend to de-varnish the VC wire? Emery/sandpaper or something like that? I do realize it won't take much, but as you observe, I think I only get one chance to fix it right!
Cheers.