• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cart ID Help

scoville

Active Member
gold.jpg Hello! I recently won this TT and as it will be a couple weeks till it arrives I was wondering if anyone can ID this cart? I've searched Google images, and I'm not having much luck, and the suspense is killing me...
I'm guessing ADC Gold, or Audio Technica AT7V.The ones I've seen seem similar.
Thanks in advance!
 
Register to hide this ad
No, it's neither one of those but I don't know what it is. It does look a little like some ELACs but I can't find an ELAC that looks exactly like that.

John
 
Thanks John,I just pulled the headshell of my 50H and it does look very similar! It's awaiting a restoration.The number on it is STS 344.There is no line down the front of the stylus, but very close. The color of the ELAC is grey.
 
Well if Manfred/lini has spoken, the question is probably answered, but I, too, would guess a Signet. The stylus assembly and indecipepherable lettering look very Signet.
 
Thanks Manfred / lini, and greetings from Tampa Bay! And thanks for your opinion Nat! I'd love to hear opinions about this cart, I'm thinking it has some nice potential, and perhaps means I didn't overpay for the Thorens TD 320! I've been keeping my eye out for a Thorens for a while, hoping it arrives safe and sound .I'll be shopping for a good quality shipper in Atlanta area .Love some input on that if available. I have instructions for shipper, just require somebody who can follow exact instructions! Stylus recommendations and reviews are very welcome!
 
The Thorens TD 320 is a great turntable. It may take a while to get it set up correctly but once you do it is very impressive. Congrats on winning a nice piece of equipment.
 
Thanks Tbox! I'm still waiting for shipping to get going on the unit. Holiday next week should delay it more. I'm being patient, lots to do with family coming down next week, I'm really intrigued with the Signet cart.
 
Back
Top Bottom