• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

cartridge advice ADC tonearm Thorens TD125 mk2

woodie63

New Member
Hello all
I picked up this Thorens TD125 mk2 which has an ADC(?) tonearm (can't identify model no )
its missing its anti skate weight and has an interesting matchstick add on!
The cartridge has no stylus so I need a replacement...
any suggestions on cartridge / anti-skate weight / matchstick mod please?

Thank you and happy Sunday!

adc tonearm - 1.jpegadc tonearm - 2.jpegadc tonearm - 4.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
The X1-MC does not have a replaceable stylus. Maybe a Nagaoka of the MP series? Nagaoka carts are ADC derivatives.
That matchstick add on is just weird. I notice the original Thorens tonearm lift. The arm may be original with the deck?
Antiskating weights can be had from the bay.
 
Congrats! Any Shure carts will work fine. I'm using the, Ortho super 40 on my 126, with nice results.
 
The X1-MC does not have a replaceable stylus. Maybe a Nagaoka of the MP series? Nagaoka carts are ADC derivatives.
That matchstick add on is just weird. I notice the original Thorens tonearm lift. The arm may be original with the deck?
Antiskating weights can be had from the bay.
Thanks, i agree the matchstick has to go wish I could find a photo of this arm so I can see what's missing...
 
Back
Top Bottom