• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cartridge Recommendations for a PL-530

NotTheDoubtr

New Member
I recently bought a Pioneer PL-530 Direct Drive Turntable. :banana:

Immediate problem is the Shure 5X Cartridge & Stylus are totally trashed & need to be replaced. The Manual says the replacement cartridge weight should be between 4 - 14.5 grams, but that's the only criteria it gives.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks...NTD
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Nice! I actually recently did too :)! I ended up buying an Ortofon 2m red cart. I'm not sure how it sounds yet (it hasn't arrived), but it seemed like a good choice. it weighs in at 7.2 grams.
 
Back
Top Bottom