• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cartridge to match Shure V15 Type III

Waiting for what BOW? Consensus? You yourself said you prefer the IV and not the III. Done here. This is not helping to answer the OP’s question.
 
According to what I'm reading the OP is looking for cartridge recommendations in the $200-300 range for his SME arm. In saying that his post is bit a unclear and could be misunderstood. Debating the preferred V15 series cart / stylus doesn't seem to be part of the ask.


I know this is a frequent topic but one more time...any cartridges recommendations to go with my SME?
 
Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks so much for your input. There are some great ideas here. To be clear, my question was what other cart could I get that I could swap out with my V15. This would give me some listening options and at the same time preserve my VN35MR. Given my budget it seems getting a second stylus for the V15 as suggested may be the way to go for now. Then in future grab another headshell and look at something like the VM540ML or other options. A friend suggested the 2M Bronze to match with the 3009 arm.
As for the car analogy mentioned earlier, I think a comparison of the TD124 to a Ford Model A is a bit harsh. Something of the same decade and near the top of its class is more accurate. Possibly a Porsche 911. I'm sure a few car enthusiasts wouldn't mind tinkering with one.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom