• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Carver Amazing loudspeakers- $200 (Seattle CL)

Register to hide this ad
I saw those, it looks like at least one of the ribbons has magnets that have shifted, they can be fixed, but it's not easy without destroying the Kapton material. Plus, the first generation Amazing with the 2 30 inch ribbons were very hard on amplifiers. It prompted Carver to offer a kit to convert the 2 30 inchers with a 60 inch ribbon and a modified crossover. I'm sure they sound great when fixed up, I have a set of Platinum IV's and they are fantastic...I paid $300 for mine and they came with a TFM-42 amplifier. I did have to re-foam all 8 woofers and repair the crossovers, but the ribbons were fine. Repair cost for a 30 inch ribbon could be $300 or more each...it could get expensive quick.
 
Back
Top Bottom