• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Carver M500t toasted r181

Briant8

Active Member
Calling any and all Carver gurus,

There I was, just listening to some nice tunes with my Carver M500t and suddenly, burning smell, fuse blows, and silence…
Crack her open and r181 is toasted.

Nothing else looks affected (to the naked eye).

I’ve done a fair bit of repair/ recapping, etc. but Carver gear looks like voodoo magic to me!

Any ideas from the gurus?
Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Not a guru, but know a few...

R181 looks like a value of 22 ohm. Like a current limiting resistor value. I'd check those electrolytic's and transistors right there.

If it hasn't been fully recapped, it's way past time!

iPlC7Th.jpg


EV3
 
Not a guru, but know a few...

R181 looks like a value of 22 ohm. Like a current limiting resistor value. I'd check those electrolytic's and transistors right there.

If it hasn't been fully recapped, it's way past time!

iPlC7Th.jpg


EV3
Was considering doing a recap on it. But now considering sending for a Mkii conversion…
 
Back
Top Bottom