• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Carver Silver Edition speakers

CT_Ohio

Well-Known Member
Browsing the CL this AM, wondering if anything interesting will ever show up (not gonna post about the JBL C38's that someone wants $2500 for here)... and saw these. Hmm, different. All woofers refoamed. Any good? Intrigued by the long tweeter array. No affiliation and not gonna buy cause $750 I don't have.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/d/powell-carver-amazing-silver-edition/6900722569.html

 
Register to hide this ad
Those are real close to me, I wonder those woofers are the correct replacements.
+1
g.png
 
Woofers look correct; these didn't use the flat woofers AFAIK. Good deal if they're in good working order.
 
Once I began to understand Bob Carver's work, I really started appreciating his designs and how they sound.

I'd love to hear these, not sure enough to make it worth the money though so someone nearby has to buy them and invite me over.
 
Do not buy.

Worst sounding speakers you’ll ever own — or the most expensive lesson regarding what a dynamic speaker does not sound like
 
^^^ Well thats not a truly fair asseeement. From what I recall you had issues with the ribbons and you sent them away for repair and a guy ripped you off and stole your goods. If ribbons are working properly and woofers have been refoamed with the Carver ECS box they reproduce delightful music....
 
Back
Top Bottom