• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Carvin V3 Hissing Issue

md.rozzi5

New Member
Hello, I have a Carvin V3 stack. For months now it has a problem where it starts hissing out of nowhere, and it will do this whenever it feels like it. I've opened up the amp and tried fiddling with wires to see if I can get it to stop when it happens, with no luck. The only way I can get it to stop (and sometimes this doesn't even work) is to completely turn it off then back on. I've taken it to someone, but after three hours we confirmed (incorrectly) that it was the power tubes so replaced them. Any insight into why this is happening is appreciated. Thanks, Matt
 
Register to hide this ad
have you pulled and cleaned all of the tube pins and cleaned the sockets? No guarantee but that would be my first step. Sounds like a bum connection somewhere and the tube connections are probably the easiest to tune up.
 
9 pin tube sockets clean out real well with those inter-dental brushes. Bigger ones you can use pipe cleaners on. Just make sure the amp has been off a while and is fully discharged or you may get lit up in an uncomfortable way.
 
Back
Top Bottom