• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CBS 208L speakers

nick12345

Well-Known Member
I ran across these in a record store today. They were for sale, but there was no price on them and the shop owner wasn't there. I plan on going back for them next weekend when the owner WILL be there. They are very shallow and the front is angled, kind of like the old wall-mount PA speakers, but these are considerably larger. Because of their appearance, I passed them off as crap when I first looked at them, but after browsing around the store, I went back to the speakers and tried to pull the grills off, just for fun. Surprise! They actually came off, revealing a nice 6 1/2" woofer and a cone? tweeter that had a black cloth glued over it. They actually had the look of decent speakers, and the foam on the woofers wasn't even deteriorated (though it might fall apart if I try to play them). I don't think these are very common speakers, and that's really the main reason I want to get them. Google turned up nothing and a search of AK yielded only one thread with no photos.
 
Register to hide this ad
Speakers are "rare" and usually priced at hundreds of dollars...they were used for studio mastering and monitoring...i've never heard them but can safely assume very flat similar to JBL studio monitors.
 
Looks like they don't bring much money now days based on a really quick Google search*, wonder what they went for in 2010. Based on how some audio gear has greatly increased in value I wonder if they were priced at half of not much back then. Sometimes rare doesn't equal high value.
OP hasn't been here in a couple years so I guess that question will go unanswered.

*maybe I didn't get results that show people are paying big money for them. Sometimes my Google seems out of touch with reality.
 
Back
Top Bottom