• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CD player choice

Devotion

New Member
Over the last couple months I have obtained for less than $20 two CD players and Im trying to figure out which one to use. One is a Denon DCD 2560, and the other was in a stack of Nakamichi equipment. Its a Nakamichi OMS 5AII. I have the Denon hooked up now and it sounds great. The hesitation I have with using the Nakamichi is that I also have a Nakamichi Receiver that Im currently not using (using a Marantz instead), and I think for some reason it would be nice to keep the Nakamichi stuff together. Speaking of Nakamichi, I also have a Nakamichi 1000 Tape player. I own no tapes, but a pretty cool piece to look at!
 
Register to hide this ad
I'll take the Nakamichi stuff since you aren't putting it to use. Actually I have a Sony 5 disc CD player I'm not using but will once I move into my house. I'll use it for guided meditation while getting ready for sleep. It's not the best sonically but it's still not bad for my intent.
 
I'll take the Nakamichi stuff since you aren't putting it to use. Actually I have a Sony 5 disc CD player I'm not using but will once I move into my house. I'll use it for guided meditation while getting ready for sleep. It's not the best sonically but it's still not bad for my intent.

You could just smoke a Doobie :smoke:
 
if sound quality isn't any different between the two, to your ears, then use the one you like to look at the most.
 
The Denon 2560 is a very nice CD player. Built to last. I would AB and see which one I preferred. Then store the other.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom