• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CD Transport Choices...Audiolab CDT-6000 vs NuPrime CDT-8...sort of

peet_pete

Super Member
So my cd player (Music Hall cd-25 from 2003) died and have been looking into affordable replacements. I was using it exclusively as a transport into my Nuprime IDA-16 Integrated Amp/Dac for the past two years and before that used it's analog connection to my old Onkyo Amp. I really liked it. I have put in my bedroom player the Onkyo 7030 and it just doesn't sound as good to me or more like something is missing.

Now I have read some enthusiastic posts on the Audiolab and it is appealing on price but the CDT-8, since it's same brand as my integrated, seems like maybe I should go that route but at $795 vs $550 I don't know if brand matching is really that important to performance and it's probably more than I'd want to spend right now. I did find one person posting that they thought the match of CDT-8 to the IDA-16 was very good. And I just noticed the latest Audio Advisor catalog shows $499 price on the Audiolab player.

So does anyone have any thoughts on this brand matching concept?
Anyone compared the two players? thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
If the IDA-16 had an I2S input the CDT-8 would be a no brainer so save a few $$ and go for the audiolab. I was on the hunt for a CD transport last summer and spent time with both units.
-Matt
 
Thanks. I agree if my amp had that input, I would be for the cdt-8. But otherwise the upsampling feature not as worth it to me.
I have played around in foobar with that enough to know, it's fun but generally not great for most recordings.
 
Yes absolutely, the CDT-8 resampling works for some recordings and not so well for others.
 
Back
Top Bottom