• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Celestion UL6 - impressions anyone?

slowpat

Slowly but surely....
I have a pair of Celestion UL6 bookshelf monitors in teak cabinets which I bought last year, and have been sitting there. I remembered not being too impressed with it (Denon CD player , Carver HTR-752 as pre, Carver TFM-35 amp) - perhaps I should have tried them with various amps.

Has anyone heard these monitors and your impressions? Tx.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have the impression that many people rate them highly, but I have never heard them -- just hearsay on threads here, mostly. If I remember correctly...
 
well balanced and overall good, they get good money on fleabay (even in the uk where they are fairly common) and for 40years old they are pretty classy vintage stuff.

UL series had the UL6, 8 and 10, the 8 is an upgraded ditton 15xr, the UL10 (top of the range but still stand mount) has the HF2000 super tweeter, dome mid and cone bass and is both rare and highly desirable.

i believe the UL series was aimed towards monitoring.
 
Interesting that no one has mentioned it yet as these are 40 year old speakers but have the capacitors been checked out or replaced? If they are indeed stock, that would be the first thing on my agenda to try for not much money. Post some pics of the speakers and the crossover when you get a chance...for posterity.
 
Interesting that no one has mentioned it yet as these are 40 year old speakers but have the capacitors been checked out or replaced? If they are indeed stock, that would be the first thing on my agenda to try for not much money. Post some pics of the speakers and the crossover when you get a chance...for posterity.

Hmmm...good point about the caps. Let me snap a few pix and post them this weekend. Tx.
 
I would think with a recap that these would be sweetness. I have UL 8s and find them quite pleasing. Placement has to be right for them, seems a little more critical for them than some of my other speakers, but once theyre there, phewy.
 
Back
Top Bottom