• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cell phone texting while driving?

Register to hide this ad
YES! Driving requires your Full Attention it is Not a spectator sport! Too many accidents and fatal ones caused by folks texting and talking while driving.
 
Yep, whatever is on the other end of the line can wait until you are parked or at home.
Video (tv/dvd) displays up front should be made to black out when the vehicle is in motion too.
 
I think we're within a few years (perhaps less) of Federal legislation, banning the use of cellphones in moving cars. As has been mentioned, there are a number of studies which all conclude that cellphone use is on a par with driving while intoxicated.

I have a feeling that if talking on a cellphone is as bad as DWI, then texting must be even worse: More akin to a moving car having no driver at all for extended periods.
 
Should have seen me yesterday barreling down I-95 from South Carolina at 85 mph, looking for the next album to play on the ipod.
 
Kinda like me driving 75 on I-25 during rush hour through Denver with the visor down looking for a CD to pull out to put in the CD player.
 
Video (tv/dvd) displays up front should be made to black out when the vehicle is in motion too.

They are supposed to, but there are ways to defeat that.

If you ask me, instead of banning things one at a time (after people have been killed) they should make a list of the things you are allowed to do while driving. If you do something that's not approved, you can be stopped, and given a ticket. If you cause an accident, you're automatically at fault, and face similar consequences as drunk driving.

I don't see why texting while driving is any better than driving drunk. In both cases, the person is deliberately doing something that puts my life at risk.
 
i hear ya andy... co-workers GF just lost a hand due to texting while driving. she couldn't regain control of the vehicle because she was text fighting with her boyfriend (my co-worker) and hit the wall, flipped and skid for 4 blocks while her hand was under the vehicle. ford explorers roll real f-in easy btw. I think she was texting and driving with one hand yesterday. yea, she got another vehicle and all 4 kids survived, so I guess it's not a big enough deal to HER yet. I give up!
 
Here in NY its illegal to talk on your phone and drive, and I'm pretty sure texting is either illegal, or very close. As it should be, I almost got ran off the road at ~70mph by some kid next to me. Was looking down texting and went into my lane unannounced. Good thing the far left lane was open and i flipped him off while blaring the horn at him, and probably screamed some words I don't use regularly. I'm still not even sure he noticed what he did.
 
Shoulda seen me scramble for my meth pipe last night while crossing the American Legion bridge over the Potomac at 11:30 PM going 85 mph after entertaining clients at a DC strip club.

I had Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" blasting and needed a quick hit to keep from nodding off.

I burned my hand, dropped the pipe, and almost burned the leather on the passenger seat of my BMW 7 series but I had an open Colt 45 to douse the flame. I swerved into one of those tiny Smart cars and gave the driver the finger.

Close call. Music in cars ought to be bannned.
 
Shoulda seen me scramble for my meth pipe last night while crossing the American Legion bridge over the Potomac at 11:30 PM going 85 mph after entertaining clients at a DC strip club.

I had Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" blasting and needed a quick hit to keep from nodding off.

I burned my hand, dropped the pipe, and almost burned the leather on the passenger seat of my BMW 7 series but I had an open Colt 45 to douse the flame. I swerved into one of those tiny Smart cars and gave the driver the finger.

Close call. Music in cars ought to be bannned.

Try one of those new "hands free" meth pipes. :yes:
 
Don't most places already have a general "inattentive driving" regulation?

Perhaps we don't need more laws and rules if the ones we already have were enforced.
 
I text on the phone, talk to the passenger, eat a bagel, drink some coffee, smoke a cigar, and change the CD playing while I drive; all at the same time. I only do about 30+ over the speed limit usually.
 
The Police in the UK take a very dim view of anyone using a mobile phone while driving - there are stiff penalties for this. And if called to an accident they always check any mobiles found at the crash site and prosecute accordingly.

Using a hands free kit is still allowed AFAIK - but even this is under review...
 
Back
Top Bottom