• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cerwin Vega 15T's, Pioneer HPM 200's

Ibemiked

Active Member
Just wondering if anyone can give me a REAL value for the Cerwin Vega 15T's in really great condition, probably 8/10 cosmetic and in perfect working order. Also for Pioneer HPM 200's 7/10 cosmetic and in working order. Both the CV's and the Pioneers have all original drivers, crossovers etc. the grilles on both are good too.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
The HPM 200's are as rare as hens teeth. Pricing is all over the place due to being so thinly traded. I have seen them in VERY rough condition for $300 all the way up to $3 to $4,000.

If you are comparing the CV's to the Pioneer's for approx the same price, there is no comparison. The Pioneer's are in a different league. The 1927 Yankees versus the bad news bears.
 
Last edited:
Rare speakers either way, neither come up for sale often. Makes it hard to give a price, but proves most people that bought them consider them worth hanging on to. I'd definitely try to give both a listen if you can.

I paid $225 for my 12TR CVs back in April after an hour drive. Originally posted for $400 they sat for a few months, got reduced to $300, sat for another month until I couldn't control myself any more.

If you can get them both to compare at home... Well then, you're living the dream and will have more than a few people here jealous of you.
 
I actually do have a pair of both the Pioneer HPM 200's and CV 15T's I was curious to what the value was. Not planning on selling either, just curious. Not a lot of sales data out there on either. Thank you both for the input!
 
I sold a pair of HPM200s in very nice condition for $2K about a year ago. I drove several hours and met the buyer half way to facilitate the deal. I have a second pair that I have no intention of selling. I will agree that prices seem to be all over the place when they pop up (rarely). I think a pair sold in Texas a year ago for $1500 or so. The pair on Ebay listed for $3K have been there for quite a while... If you go back a little further in time, it seems there were some better deals to be had.
 
I actually do have a pair of both the Pioneer HPM 200's and CV 15T's I was curious to what the value was. Not planning on selling either, just curious. Not a lot of sales data out there on either. Thank you both for the input!
Well then, can you verify or denounce OfficeMax'a claim? Do you consider the HPMs to be far and away better than the CVs?
 
Well then, can you verify or denounce OfficeMax'a claim? Do you consider the HPMs to be far and away better than the CVs?
The Pioneer's are definitely better! But.. the CV's are also great speakers that are extremely well built. They both are. The highs on the 200's are better than the CV's but the lows on the CV's are close. That 15" downfiring woofer pascks a punch! But being that the Pioneers are a 5 driver 5 way speaker and the CV's are 4 driver 3 way the all around sound of the Pioneers is a definite winner. I also have a pair of Polk RTA12c's and to be honest they are right up there with both the CV's and the 200s. It's defintelty 1. Pioneer HPM 200's 2. CV 15ts 3. Polk RTA12c's. I'd recommend buying any of the 3 if you can get a good deal. I also have the Paradigm 11SeMk3's and they are incredible as well!
 
Back
Top Bottom