• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cerwin Vega 200 SE - Performance ?

hspLOBO

Active Member
I just pick up a pair of Cerwin Vega 200 SE speakers. However, I'm not successful in pulling up information on them. Any one have experience with these? All i'd like to know is if they are a fairly descent speaker for listening to vinyl. They appear to be well built and have a stout cabinet.

One speaker needs to be refoamed, so i've yet to set the speakers up and listen. I'll need to learn where to order foam surrounds/how to refoam.
 
Register to hide this ad
If they sound anything like my 280SE's (12") then they rock. They are pretty smooth for a horn tweet. here is the flyer.

SEseries1.jpg

SEseries2.jpg

SEseries3.jpg

SEseries4.jpg
 
If they sound anything like my 280SE's (12") then they rock. They are pretty smooth for a horn tweet. here is the flyer.

Awesome. Thanks for the flyer. Any insight on where i can purchase original foam surrounds / gaskets for these 200 SE's ?
 
Awesome. Thanks for the flyer. Any insight on where i can purchase original foam surrounds / gaskets for these 200 SE's?

Rick Cobb (looneytune2001) on Ebay will have the correct surrounds - I'm not sure about the gaskets.
 
Rick Cobb (looneytune2001) on Ebay will have the correct surrounds - I'm not sure about the gaskets.

Ebay will have them...They all come with gaskets..But you may need to buy the CV dust caps online somewhere else. Because you will need to shim the voice coils.
 
Simply speakers in Florida....
The speaker Exchange in Florida...
Midwest speakers in Minnesota...
Parts Express in Ohio...
And several others to shop...
I like the glue that comes with the simply speakers kit !
Although I have used the PVC type Elmer's Glue from other sources also but I have great appreciation 4 the glue that comes from Simply speakers it shortens the time involved
 
Simply speakers in Florida....
The speaker Exchange in Florida...
Midwest speakers in Minnesota...
Parts Express in Ohio...
And several others to shop...
I like the glue that comes with the simply speakers kit !
Although I have used the PVC type Elmer's Glue from other sources also but I have great appreciation 4 the glue that comes from Simply speakers it shortens the time involved

It's been 9 years, I would hope they're done already.
 
Back
Top Bottom