• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cerwin Vega D-7 proaction run dates.

Domimax

Active Member
I looked all over AK and the internet and cannot find the production date run for Cerwin Vega D-7's. Does anyone now the starting and ending date of this model? Seems CV would have kept a record of the production somewhere. Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Sorry I don't have any more exact info, but I had two pairs of D-9's at one point. One pair was an early model dated 1984, the other pair was a late model dated 1991. I believe the D-9 and D-7 were produced concurrently for their entire runs, so that should at least give you a vague idea.
 
Sorry I don't have any more exact info, but I had two pairs of D-9's at one point. One pair was an early model dated 1984, the other pair was a late model dated 1991. I believe the D-9 and D-7 were produced concurrently for their entire runs, so that should at least give you a vague idea.
Thanks. Mine are date stamped Mar 27 85 on an inner wall. My issue is a swear I bought them years before this date and it's bugging me out!. I am the original owner. Knowing the production run would be helpful.
 
There is a LOT of info out there that says the production run was 1984-1991 or 1984-1992. Although it's unclear when production ended (91 or 92), I've literally never seen a single reference to them having existed any earlier than 1984. I know their previous series was current until at least 1980.
 
There is a LOT of info out there that says the production run was 1984-1991 or 1984-1992. Although it's unclear when production ended (91 or 92), I've literally never seen a single reference to them having existed any earlier than 1984. I know their previous series was current until at least 1980.
Thanks Chris. Can you post links to this info?
 
Just a few examples from google

http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/cerwin-vega/d-9.html?p=3
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-cerwin-vega-d9-speakers-114210775
http://www.audiocircuit.com/Home-Audio/Cerwin-Vega/D-9
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/cerwin-vega-d9.486841/page-2#post-7370402

Some are for the D-9, because it was more popular, but the dates for the D-7 should be the same.

You see a lot of results from people having them since 1984. A select few from 83, and I have not seen a single search result earlier than that.
 
Just a few examples from google

http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/cerwin-vega/d-9.html?p=3
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-cerwin-vega-d9-speakers-114210775
http://www.audiocircuit.com/Home-Audio/Cerwin-Vega/D-9
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/cerwin-vega-d9.486841/page-2#post-7370402

Some are for the D-9, because it was more popular, but the dates for the D-7 should be the same.

You see a lot of results from people having them since 1984. A select few from 83, and I have not seen a single search result earlier than that.
Chris, all these links refer to the D-9. Do those dates apply to the D-7 as well? Is it possible the D-7 production run was earlier? Thanks
 
Chris, all these links refer to the D-9. Do those dates apply to the D-7 as well? Is it possible the D-7 production run was earlier? Thanks

I'm pretty sure they were introduced together as a series. The two have identical components aside from the woofer. But anything is possible.
 
There is a LOT of info out there that says the production run was 1984-1991 or 1984-1992. Although it's unclear when production ended (91 or 92), I've literally never seen a single reference to them having existed any earlier than 1984. I know their previous series was current until at least 1980.
I have some D-3's stamed 1983 on the inside of the cabinet
 
Back
Top Bottom