• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Chicka Boom...Doncha Jes' Love it ?

Sandy G

Retired Member
Cold 'n' flu season at it height...Doncha LOVE IT when somebody comes down w/The Crud, insists on coming to work, & Sharing The Wealth w/everyone else ? And of course, my bosslady is one of these types that unless you've got one foot in the grave, & the other one on a Nanner peel, you'd best be here... I HAVEN'T come down w/The Crud yet this year, but, I'm sorry, my ass is gonna be piled up on the Big Leather Couch at home for a few days if & when I do...Most of the time, I don't feel like doing much of anything else...I lost all my vacation when this new bunch took over, being sick is the only way to get outta here for a while...These stoopit arsewholes sit around & slap each other on the ass about how feckin' sick they are/were, but still manage to come in...Jeez ! Show some consideration for the REST of us who AREN'T heroes, OK ?!?
 
Register to hide this ad
And of course, my bosslady is one of these types that unless you've got one foot in the grave, & the other one on a Nanner peel, you'd best be here...

That's part of the problem. Employer's shouldn't penalize employees for utilizing their sick days. But no, come in sick because you feel guilty or will get **** and spread those germs so everyone gets it! Woohoo!
 
Back when I was a Section Manager at Bell my staff were politely told that if they had the crud to bloody well stay home because the rest of us did not want it.
 
Back when I was a Section Manager at Bell my staff were politely told that if they had the crud to bloody well stay home because the rest of us did not want it.

I did the same with my staff...except that I would catch grief from upper level management. Sometimes you just can't win.
 
Back when I was a Section Manager at Bell my staff were politely told that if they had the crud to bloody well stay home because the rest of us did not want it.
Now the official policy is "There are NO such thing as sick days!". So now we all get it. Then again, it's no longer "Bell", if ya know what I mean. :sigh:
 
When will it change?

Seems pretty simple. If you're contagious, stay home. but no, the corporate climate dictates that thou shalt be visible. Looking forward to the change of guard.
 
Funny thing, B4 the stroke I was a "press-on-regardless" type, since then, its kinda, "Ahhh, feckit..." if you know what I mean...
 
Funny thing, B4 the stroke I was a "press-on-regardless" type, since then, its kinda, "Ahhh, feckit..." if you know what I mean...

I know exactly what you mean. Problem is, it WILL get you fired eventually. Just the way it is - for now.
 
That about makes sense. Try to do the right thing by staying home & NOT spreading germs around, & they let you go. More of the good ol' "We-had-to-destroy-the-village-in-order-to-save-it" mentality...Boys, we has met the enemy...An' he is US !
 
I did the same with my staff...except that I would catch grief from upper level management. Sometimes you just can't win.


Laugh, we had a handbook for new managers and when I made it to first level I got my copy. In the very first page there was this statement

"This manual is guide but the manager is expected to exercise his/her good judgement.'

Whenever I got a question from the Section Manager I quoted that line, stuck the book in a bottom drawer and never looked at it again. When it was my turn as SM I took the attitude that any carp that came down the pipeline I handled, staff loved me.
 
I especially hate it because I have to go to other peoples desk and sit down there using their KB and mouse, and sometimes phone.. and if they are sick, I try and do as much as possible from my desk...

I didn't used to get sick often, but since I came out of the cold, and into the office buildings, I seem to catch something several times a year :(
 
Of course the pharmaceutical companies deserve their share of the grief; Take Dayquill and you can go to work, take Nyquill and get a good night's sleep. Then when everyone has the creeping crud sales boom.
 
Back
Top Bottom