• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CL-NJ: Marantz 2265B Receiver, $250.--Worth It?

SubLover

Member
No affiliation, etc...


Marantz 2265B Receiver/Classic Blue Dial - $250 (Union County)
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1394727982.html

A beautiful Marantz 2265B receiver from the late 70's. Considered by many to one of the best sounding Marantz receivers along with its brother the 2285B. It sounds much better than my earlier vintage 2235B.
This receiver is in very good to excellent condition. It has some tiny paint spots on the top cover in the back and the plug was painted while in the wall socket (see photo).
The face is near new with a couple of tiny nicks along the top of faceplate.
There is one dial bulb out on the left shown in the photo.
This receiver puts out 65 watts per channel off clean, powerful, warm sound . It sounds very "tubelike" and capable of driving even the most difficult speaker loads.
If my price is met, I will include an excellent Technics SL-D2 direct drive turntable.
As with all vintage audio equipment, these components are sold as-is.

* Location: Union County

I am curious as to the current value of this amp, and it's approx. date of mfr.

Thanks,

SubLover
 

Attachments

  • Marantz 2265B-1.jpg
    Marantz 2265B-1.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Marantz 2265B-2.jpg
    Marantz 2265B-2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 26
  • Marantz 2265B-4.jpg
    Marantz 2265B-4.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Marantz 2265B-3.jpg
    Marantz 2265B-3.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 29
Register to hide this ad
It ws manufactured 77-79. It was sold for $580. It is an OK price, but not a steal. Considering the free TT, I would at least check it out. It is conidered one of the better receivers from that Marantz vintage. If you check e-bay completed listings you will get a better feeling for current prices. I have seen a few below $200+S/H.
More information available below:
http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/2265b.html
 
This is the best-sounding Marantz receiver I've personally heard (out of maybe ten models). I'd try to whittle the guy down a little if you're serious about it.
 
One of the better sounding Marantz receivers. If everything is in order the price is fair. Good when you consider the seller is tossing in a decent TT.
 
Thank you, all, for your analysis.

I'm trying to learn more and this was very helpful to me.

But I'm not seriously interested in this Marantz, so by all means, if anyone wants to pursue it, go for it!

I do appreciate the education.

SubLover
 
Back
Top Bottom