• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Classic Marantz Question

2Skinny

New Member
Hi everyone, new here. My dad recently turned me on to the prospect of running a vintage receiver for my home entertainment system. He currently runs a classic Sherwood unit that I have had the chance to use on my circa 1988 Klipsh Heresy II speakers. I currently run a 55 watt Onkyo cheapy receiver on them, and it doesn't create the powerful, quality sound that the old Sherwood unit did. Anyways, my question is- for the speakers I have, and for around $200-$300 what classic Marantz unit would be recommended for the first time buyer. Thanks for the help!
 
Register to hide this ad
The 2275 would be nice:

2275.jpg


But I don't think you could go wrong with most of the vintage Marantz.
 
Back
Top Bottom