• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

classic rock

grillebilly

Empty Head
Everyone has their own definition. The Flamin Groovies, born in the "garage' era of the 60's and rockin' through the early 90's, kicked ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGfeBlGVsI&feature=related

killer live bar-band rocker with anti-drug message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRuwTS6tKB8&feature=related

their most popular song, live, a decade after it was released, but still cool

If you have any (rather obscure) bands that haven't been beaten to death by radio I would love to hear them.
 
Register to hide this ad
Check out a band called "Missouri" - they issued two LPs in the 1970s, and had some minor radio airplay with a song called "Movin' On" that's on both. I prefer the longer version from their first, self-titled album on Panama Records out of Kansas City. A CD was issued a few years ago including most songs from both albums, you might be able to find it on Amazon or eBay.
 
Cowboy.....early to mid 70's.....on Capricorn Records.
Southern country-rock band that went.....nowhere?
Although Eric Clapton did record their "Please Be With Me" for his 461 Ocean Avenue LP.


Steve
 
Check out a band called "Missouri" - they issued two LPs in the 1970s, and had some minor radio airplay with a song called "Movin' On" that's on both. I prefer the longer version from their first, self-titled album on Panama Records out of Kansas City. A CD was issued a few years ago including most songs from both albums, you might be able to find it on Amazon or eBay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6lXaPPE_-M
here it is thanks.
 
I like a band called Mount Rushmore, circa late 60s-early 70s. The style is guitar (fuzz) heavy, blues/rock. Check out "High On."
 
Check out a band called "Missouri" - they issued two LPs in the 1970s, and had some minor radio airplay with a song called "Movin' On" that's on both. I prefer the longer version from their first, self-titled album on Panama Records out of Kansas City. A CD was issued a few years ago including most songs from both albums, you might be able to find it on Amazon or eBay.

I have heard this more than once on the KSHE Klassics Show...one of my favorites!

Also,

let me add Spirit's The 12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus, triumvirat's illusions on a Double Dimple, and anything by JD Blackfoot
 
Dig the Groovies.

"Teenage Head" is a great album. After Roy Loney left, they had a different sound. Still good - less rockabilly.

Ken
 
If you can find a copy of Lookin' for Trouble by Toronto, pick it up. Hard to find even in Toronto. Released in '80 on SGR and distibuted by A&M. Solid kickass bar tunes. They released a couple of other albums but never captured the raw feel from the first one, got kinda keyboardish. Too bad, had a real tight guitar duo.
 
Lemme add a couple more?:

Nantucket (hit-Heartbreaker)
JF Murphy and Salt (Hit-The last Illusion) [if anyone's got this, can they PLEASE make me a analog or high rez digital dub of it???]
Marillion
Mama's Pride
 
Thanks, David....great choice
Spirit had some good records...try to find the 2 record set "Spirit of 76" a little weird and spacey but cool
Saw them a few times and they rock

I like Spirit a lot too, but they were not obscure at all. They were "head music" for sure:smoke:, but they had a few radio hits as well. Randy California was a legendary guitarist who learned a lot of licks from Hendrix. The drummer, "Cassidy", held some noteriety in the Jazz world, if I am not mistaken.

They were around from the 60s to the 90s and had a lot of GREAT albums; mostly their work from the 60's IMHO.:music:
 
I Randy California was a legendary guitarist who learned a lot of licks from Hendrix. The drummer, "Cassidy", held some noteriety in the Jazz world, if I am not mistaken.

you are spot on :thmbsp:

Randy California also influenced Jimmy Page (as the story goes)
 
41NW00DAHNL._SL500_AA240_.jpg


oops, sorry they're not more obscure.
 
Yeah, but they haven't been beaten to death by the radio....so good call!
I have the Duane Allman Anthology record...very tasty.

I would love to find that anthology on vinyl. His guitar work on "Somebody Loan me a Dime" is phenomenal. IMHO that is the best work ever done by Boz Skaggs, and I would suppose that his performance was inspired by Duane's guitar licks.

Also a :thmbsp: to David for the Triumvirat call - That spent many hours under the needle in my HS/college years.

Regards,

D-Ray
 
Back
Top Bottom