• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Clean up a switch

Klook

Active Member
I have a SX-6, the A speaker switch is losing contact for the right side, and when contact is made it has a hum. I pulled the cover off and cleaned it up in there but noted all the pushbotton switches are difficult to further reach and have no holes in them for DeOxit. Does anyone have a worked out method for getting it into them?

Merry Christmas,

Kevin
 
Register to hide this ad
Pull the Face plate off and look at the end of the switch bodies. There should be a corner that has a hole (probably one of the upper corners). Spray in there and exercise the switch 40-50 times, then flush with Faderlube. Do them all while you are in there.
 
Thanks, I will pull it apart again. I had the faceplate off but some are buried behind more steel.They have blue plastic plunger mechanisms that block the front of each switch. I'll give it a closer look....

Kevin
 
Back
Top Bottom