• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

cleaning switches

qguy

Super Member
How do I clean those tape monitor switches in a Pioneer SA 9500 integrated amplifier, I removed the cover and the switches looks sealed, The model came out in 1975 (not sure) so i guess a little cleaning is in order ??? or should I just leave it as is...

any suggestions ???

also any suggestion on how to replace those pesky spring type LS connectors to a better type of LS connector..the thing wont accept 12 gauge wire...

thanks in advance...
 
Register to hide this ad
clean switches

Unless the switches are not working it is best not to clean them. Often the cleaning agents will attract and hold dust and dirt that could cause you more problems. "Working" the switches tends to help reduce minor intermittents and does not require disassembly.

tcdriver
 
Back
Top Bottom