• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

coffee syrup done right!

imready

it's good to be the king!
Every once in a while I get a yearn for syrup in my coffee or espresso. I hate shelling out $7-$10 for a bottle at the store but all the recipes I have found on the internet left me disappointed , that is, till I found this one! It's a good or better than store bought at a fraction of the price. Brown sugar is the key to coffee syrup done right.

2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups water
4 tablespoons extract of your choice (suprisingly, rum has turned out to be my favorite, adds a touch of sweetness and flavor without overpowering the flavor of the coffee, which I roast myself of course)

1) mix white sugar, brown sugar and water in a saucepan

2) boil for at least 10 minutes, longer will make the syrup thicker if you prefer

3) let cool , then stir in extract of your choice

4) keep refrigerated
 
Register to hide this ad
The rum "adds a touch of sweetness"? What's all the sugar for then:D

I don't really like the concept of adding syrup. What I've done is add cinnamon directly to the brewing process. I'd like to try other spices, but don't know enough about spices to know what to try. I tired black pepper....... that was awful :yes: Surprisingly, It wasn't hot......just awful.
 
The rum "adds a touch of sweetness"? What's all the sugar for then:D

I don't really like the concept of adding syrup. What I've done is add cinnamon directly to the brewing process. I'd like to try other spices, but don't know enough about spices to know what to try. I tired black pepper....... that was awful :yes: Surprisingly, It wasn't hot......just awful.

Thank you for your insightful contribution to this thread about coffee syrup.:thmbsp:
 
I'm just laughing because I misread this thread's name. I thought it said, "Cough syrup done right."

I was thinking I was gonna see something posted from a meth-head and I was really curious what that was gonna be all about.
 
Thank you for your insightful contribution to this thread about coffee syrup.:thmbsp:

Sorry, I realize now that saying I don't like syrup probably isn't that best thing to say in a guy's thread about making it. At least now you won't be tempted to try making black pepper syrup :puke2:

What is your attraction to syrup? Convenience...... sweetness and flavor in one shot, or is it the only way to get some flavors in?
 
Speaking of coffee and sugar, we need a thread about home made Kahlua.

On the topic of spices, cardamon tastes pretty good in coffee. As does Irish whiskey, but that's an entirely different thread.
 
Back
Top Bottom