• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Comments needed on the Sony TAE1000ESD and Luxman L100

lordfoo

Active Member
Hi.

First of all, an advanced Merry Christmass to all AK'ers. I hope each and everyone gets at least one piece of "wished for" audio gear from Santa!!!

I saw a Sony TAe1000ESD (mentioned in Axel's site) asking price is about 70 USD in working condition. I haven’t checked it out though. Any experience with this amp? Is this a good amp?

The Vintage Knob (TAE 1000ESD)

I also saw a Luxman L100. Looks good outside but it doesn’t power up. For 20 USD is this worth reviving?

Lord Foo
 
Register to hide this ad
For $70, run, don't walk, and get that sony!

Granted, it's only Pro-logic, but what a pro-logic pre-amp. Fully customizable equalizer/soundfield, multiple optical input/output jacks, variable compressor/expander, mixing audio and video signals from multiple sources, alot of features, all of them done well.
 
Personally, I think that Luxman would be worth $20 just to look at.

I've not heard that model, however it is their top of the line integrated from a time when Luxman were making some of their finest pieces. I'm sure you would be very happy with its performance were you to revive it.

Or maybe you could just send it my way!

Rich
 
Grab the Luxman!

I had a L-100 recently and it is a well made and very nice sounding amp. It's one of the heavy weight integrated amps, as it pumps out 110wpc. Aside from it looking like the front end of a jeep, :D It's an awesome amp. Luxman made great stuff back in the day, and this particular unit will run circles around Mac stuff. Ask me how I know! If you can have it fixed for a reasonable amount, I say you SCORED!
 
Get 'em both!
The TAE-1000ESD is an excellent preamp for stereo, too. They were made in 1991, with a retail price of $1000. Orion sez used retail $383. I think you should RUN and grab that Sony.
 
Back
Top Bottom