MaxxVolume
Lunatic Member
Situation:
OS: Windows 10. Been having several problems since the last recent MS updates, namely, there is no longer a mouse icon on my screen, so I have no use of that computer.
I did a manual forced shutdown, then tried to reboot. No dice. Tried again, used the ESC key to access the diagnostic program. It passed all stages, but still no icon.
Tried one more time, got a "please wait" notice....then, "Repairing Disc C, 5% complete....then 10%, then 30%, etc.until finished. Bootup completed, but still no icon. The mouse and keyboard are both communicating with the computer, both will wake the computer up from sleep mode.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
OS: Windows 10. Been having several problems since the last recent MS updates, namely, there is no longer a mouse icon on my screen, so I have no use of that computer.
I did a manual forced shutdown, then tried to reboot. No dice. Tried again, used the ESC key to access the diagnostic program. It passed all stages, but still no icon.
Tried one more time, got a "please wait" notice....then, "Repairing Disc C, 5% complete....then 10%, then 30%, etc.until finished. Bootup completed, but still no icon. The mouse and keyboard are both communicating with the computer, both will wake the computer up from sleep mode.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
TIA