• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Concept Receivers Question

Funny follow up:

so I go to pickup my Sansui 881 from my repair guy....I walk in and we exchange greetings,and then he tells me to turn around and tell him what I see.

I look,and there is a PRISTINE Concept 16.5 sitting there....after I gathered my jaw off the floor he says"I tried to buy it for you,but the owner knows what you know and wont sell it"

I was so jealous. He also told me that in 37 years of being in business,it was the very first Concept he has ever had in his shop.So now I guess when I get mine,he will know what to do with it.
 
Well, now you know the Concept receivers have migrated to all the reaches of the US. Hopefully, you will find one of your own. Would you be willing to ship to your location, beware, the 16.5 is >60 pounds packed.
 
Dangit, I used to have three 16.5's. One got stolen, one was sold (which I could have bought back for cheap), and I still have the last and best one.
 
As i mentioned in a different headphone centric forum,im only using these vintage receivers to drive my headphones,so a 16.5 ,though it would be nice,would be mass overkill for my intended usage.

A member here has offered to sell me a 5.5 but he is out of commission for awhile,so I picked up a Marantz 2226B to go with my Sansui 881 to give my headphones a different flavour,and when the 5.5 comes up I will grab it
 
i have a 16.5 with manual which may need to be serviced. Who would I talk to in Southern California, LA area?
(also have a 2.0, and a 5.5 with box and manual all 3 very clean )
 
Two very good tech options in SoCal for that piece: Tinman, who you can reach thru conversation link here on AK or via PM on Tapeheads.net forum, or the owner at Tapeheads.net, who goes by Pacific Stereo. Tinman has rebuilt at least a couple of the 16.5 and is a top-notch tech beyond that; Pacific Stereo used to manage the repair services for the company that brought Concept receivers to market, and he does full-blown top to bottom restorations on them today. Has a bunch of original parts etc. (don't bother asking for parts, he uses them for his own restorations) and you can view some threads on various rebuild projects including the 16.5 at that forum.

John
 
Back
Top Bottom