• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Confusion

Armando113

New Member
Hello everybody,

My head is spinning and I can't think clear anymore from watching and reading reviews. So i need some help in deciding.
It is between an akai ap 006 not seviced with scratches on the dust cover (can't find much about it on the net) element and needle so far unknown. It will go for €150,-.
The other one is a Dual 505-2. Seviced and in good condition but without original dustcover. The seller says that the needle and element are in good condition. This one will go for €80,-.
Can't buy 'em both just to see.
So what would you pick?

Thank you for helping me decide.

Armando.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello everybody,

My head is spinning and I can't think clear anymore from watching and reading reviews. So i need some help in deciding.
It is between an akai ap 006 not seviced with scratches on the dust cover (can't find much about it on the net) element and needle so far unknown. It will go for €150,-.
The other one is a Dual 505-2. Seviced and in good condition but without original dustcover. The seller says that the needle and element are in good condition. This one will go for €80,-.
Can't buy 'em both just to see.
So what would you pick?

Thank you for helping me decide.

Armando.

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

The Akai AP-006 may be worth looking into. :music:
https://www.vinylengine.com/library/akai/ap-006.shtml
 
Between those two, I’d pick the Akai. It’s heavier.

I like early Duals and have several. But not all Dual’s are worth having in my opinion. I would not be terribly motivated by a 502. I think they were cheaply made. But, it is less expensive and would likely perform OK.

That Akai is more substantial and by the looks of it, accepts the so called “universal headshell”. Plus it’s direct drive so no belt. I’ve found getting belts which work well on Duals to be more problematic than it used to be.
 
I too would pic the Akai, beautiful looking table. The arm looks to be of good quality as well.

Manual table but thats not a big deal for me or some. It might be for you.

$_59.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom