• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Conn 12AU7 RCA Black Plates

juno

Super Member
I just ordered 4 of these for a preamp. They are RCA Black Plates branded Conn. I figure these are a great all around tube? Anyone have any input on how these sound? Never mind the Conn....but RCA 12AU7 black plates in general? Thank you! Purchased from a reliable and trustworthy supplier
 
Register to hide this ad
I have an RCA 7025 black plate and these are the best RCA offered, the 12AU7 black plate equally so, Fat midrange sound with the tight bottom end not airy on the top like a philips or amperex, just a nice balance.
 
I have an RCA 7025 black plate and these are the best RCA offered, the 12AU7 black plate equally so, Fat midrange sound with the tight bottom end not airy on the top like a philips or amperex, just a nice balance.
Thank you for the reply. I had heard the cleartops are a little bright, so opted for these. I guess I will find out in a week once they arrive!
 
They should be very good. Probably selected for low microphonics by Conn. Expensive to send organ tech out to replace tubes...
 
Thank you for the reply. I had heard the cleartops are a little bright, so opted for these. I guess I will find out in a week once they arrive!

I have cleartops and they are quite good but very hot on the top-end can get a little messy on the top-end. The black plates have a clean presentation, nothing extra added on top. Shoud sound quite fine in your application.
 
don't forget any of the organ mfgr tubes were tested for noise and sonics before being used in production. so those lots of tubes all received a secondary inspection/test/listening before being used.

The RCA clear tops are also nice tubes.
 
Back
Top Bottom