• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Connect dvd/cd player with hdmi to older stereo receiver with rca inputs

Go Giants

Super Member
Hi all,

Just bought an older Oppo universal player hoping to use it for 2 channel audio...redbook and sacd's

Would like to connect it to my vintage Sansui Eight receiver.

Is there an adapter that would allow hdmi to rca? Hoping so or I may have a new door stop...lol.

Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
This will extract the audio from an HDMI video signal, and put it out on RCA connections, as well as sending it on to your TV on the HDMI cable.

81yerjFFerL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/LinkS-Extrac...ng+HDMI+audio+extractor&qid=1607981953&sr=8-6

I use one in my main rig, under a different name, but obviously the exact same device.

Enjoy,
Rich P
 
This will extract the audio from an HDMI video signal, and put it out on RCA connections, as well as sending it on to your TV on the HDMI cable.

81yerjFFerL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/LinkS-Extrac...ng+HDMI+audio+extractor&qid=1607981953&sr=8-6

I use one in my main rig, under a different name, but obviously the exact same device.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Thanks Rich. I may give that a shot. If it works, I'll have a pretty decent sacd capable player for not a ton of money!

Thanks again!

Jeff
 
I own 4 generations of Oppo: UDP-205, BDP-105, BDP-95, and DV-980H. These all provide traditional line-level RCA analog audio outputs, and can be configured for stereo, 2.1, and 5.1.

I connect the HDTV to the Oppo via HDMI, and connect vintage amps to the Oppo via RCA cables. Works great.

What model Oppo do you have? You should be able to download the User Manual from here: https://www.oppodigital.com/Support.aspx

Why would you need (or want) an external “HDMI extractor”, vs. using the Oppo’s built-in DACs?
 
I will try again at some point. I've moved on a bit.

Found a local deal on a Krell universal player. Been having fun with that piece. Doesn't play sacd's, but makes all my redbook discs sound real good.
 
Back
Top Bottom