• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Connecticut Cl

Register to hide this ad
Are you hoping to prevent someone else from snagging the unit before an AK member, with the barebones posting?
 
Wasn't necessarily trying to do anything but convey the info. Since I started the thread I've been in touch with the seller via email and will be speaking with him on the phone this afternoon. Should I have been more clear that I was interested?
 
Picked up the unit today. Guy's pretty impressive. Semi-retired electrical engineer, builds his own speakers, makes custom wooden vintage stereo unit cabinets (unfortunately the 535 wasn't so adorned, but that's ok). Played the 535 through some 3-way bookshelves that he'd built; very nice sound. Showed me his main rig. Speakers he built on speaker stands that he built. Quality workmanship by a committed audiophile. I'm going to set up the 535 in my office at work. I wouldn't call the 535 a score at $40 but I think I got it for a fair price.
 
Back
Top Bottom