I searched and found the discussion said it was ok to connect a CD player to two different amps with a "Y" cable and run one amp at a time. I just confirmed with my setup and it seems to sound and work normally.
My question is: with the CD player connected to both amps, would it be ok to run both amps ( one is my 316BEE and the other is an Onkyo A/V receiver ) at the same time to their own pair of speakers ? Forgive the strange question but I'm new to High Fidelity and electronics, and curious.
My question is: with the CD player connected to both amps, would it be ok to run both amps ( one is my 316BEE and the other is an Onkyo A/V receiver ) at the same time to their own pair of speakers ? Forgive the strange question but I'm new to High Fidelity and electronics, and curious.
This is a valid suggestion and is just another way that would be an option since the OP did say that he does want to use both amps at the same time each with their own set of speakers.