• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Connection Help

davidejjr

New Member
I have a Pioneer SA-750 amplifier and here is what I am trying to connect to it. A PL-518 turntable running through a preamp. I'm pretty sure that goes into the phono jack!
A Pioneer TX-950 tuner that I'm pretty sure goes into the tuner jack!
Now here is where it starts to get a dicey for me...I have a Pioneer SG-750 equalizer, a Pioneer CTR-550 cassette deck and a Pioneer PD-6010 CD player. Can somebody walk me through step by step how to connect all this gear up properly, so that it all works like it's supposed to? HELP!
 
Register to hide this ad
If the TT already has a phono preamp then it can't go to phono input.

The EQ would connect to the adapter in/out, the tape deck to EQ rec/play, the CD player to CD/Aux, then the TT with phono pre to the Tape 1 input.

Without phono pre then put TT to phono input and move tape deck from EQ rec/play to Tape 1 rec/play.
 
Yeah, I would skip the phono preamp for now; the built-in pre on the Pioneer amp should be fine. Once you get the system up and running and have tuned it to your liking, you can try connecting the turntable via the preamp as @whoaru99 described and see if it sounds any better. But if it's just a generic phono preamp, I'm guessing it won't.
 
The SA-750 is an integrated amp meaning it has a preamp built in. The turntable should go directly to the phono input (don't use an external preamp). The CD goes to the CD input. The tape deck output goes to the Tape 1 Play input. If you want to record on the cassette connect the input on the cassette to the REC on the 750. Sorry, forgot the equalizer. It goes in the Adaptor/Tape 2 with the Out from the 750 going to the in on the equalizer and the out from the equalizer going to the In on the 750. Then you can switch it in and out using the Adaptor/Tape switch on the front panel. I think all that's right. Fellow users will correct me if I'm wrong.

1732381723407.png
 
Last edited:
I hope this is not too far off topic but can someone explain the phones L R jacks on the back , it has a phones 1/4"jack on the front.
I have never seen headphones with rca's.
Thanks .
Lonny













l
 
Can't explain them, but based on the schematic in the service manual, they seem to be in parallel with the phones jack on the front panel (more or less, they have their own resistors but they are the same value).

1732401902546.png
 
The SA-750 is an integrated amp meaning it has a preamp built in. The turntable should go directly to the phono input (don't use an external preamp). The CD goes to the CD input. The tape deck output goes to the Tape 1 Play input. If you want to record on the cassette connect the input on the cassette to the REC on the 750. Sorry, forgot the equalizer. It goes in the Adaptor/Tape 2 with the Out from the 750 going to the in on the equalizer and the out from the equalizer going to the In on the 750. Then you can switch it in and out using the Adaptor/Tape switch on the front panel. I think all that's right. Fellow users will correct me if I'm wrong.

View attachment 3352135
Now will this allow my equalizer to work with the turntable, cassette deck, CD player and tuner?
 
I hope this is not too far off topic but can someone explain the phones L R jacks on the back ,(...)

Think rack system. I.e., around that time Pioneer also offered a few rack system cabinets with glass door (e.g. CB-G5/-G7, CB-A70), which sported a headphone output below the door - and that headphone output would connect to those rear phone jacks.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
Back
Top Bottom