• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

console id?

madwing

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
this is the only picture i have of a console i am thinking about buying.

i do believe it's tubes, has a fishery look, and dig how the speaker grill cloth is flush with the nice wood at the bottom.

can anyone id it for me? i have asked for better pictures, and will add them if i can.

thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 00g0g_adpFXE4l0zU_600x450.jpg
    00g0g_adpFXE4l0zU_600x450.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 125
Register to hide this ad
Art Deco style looks to be from early 40's by style? That record charger sure looks to be from that era. Sure doesn't look 50's to me anyway. Anyway I don't think you will have to worry about it not having tubes!
 
Last edited:
It almost looks homebrew to me.
It's definitely got tubes.
More than anything, I'd like to know what it's got for a speaker:
It looks to me like it's got a 15 inch fullrange driver--those are never bad!!!
 
It almost looks homebrew to me.

Fellow AK'ers,

I don't think that it was a home brew construct. I believe it was manufactured
to be a modest 1040's radio / dry bar console (pun intended). The turntable
was installed after the initial build. I have seen similar consoles with lazy-susans
where the turntable is located that held decanters, liquor bottles, glasses etc!.
Besides; the cabinet has fold-down counter space doors, Not swing out doors.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom