• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Continue the conversation with song lyrics

Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river
You can hear the boats go by
You can spend the night beside her
And you know that she's half crazy
But that's why you want to be there

And she feeds you tea and oranges
That come all the way from China
And just when you mean to tell her
That you have no love to give her
Then she gets you on her wavelength
And she lets the river answer
That you've always been her lover

And you want to travel with her
And you want to travel blind
And you know that she will trust you
For you've touched her perfect body with your mind...


Cheers, og
 
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget...

Cheers, og
 
Dance, dance, dance, dance
Keep on dancing
Dance, dance, dance, dance

Just dancing to the beat, feel the heat
I'm moving my feet
Headed towards the floor, gonna get down
A-get down some more

Rumba and Tango
Latin Hustle, too
Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah
I want to boogie with you.
 
Got to know how to Pony
Like the Boney Maroney
Got to Mashed Potato
Do the Alligator
Put your hand on your hip
Let your backbone slip
Do the Watusi
Like my little Lucy
Hey!
 
^ ^ ^ :bowdown:
...Out of the blue
and into the black
They give you this,
but you pay for that
And once you're gone,
you can never come back
When you're out of the blue
and into the black...

Cheers, og
 
Black is black, I want my baby back
It's grey, it's grey, since she went away, oh oh
What can I do, 'cause I, I'm feelin' blue

If I had my way, she'd be here today
But she'd go in time, and leave me to cry again, oh no
What can I do, 'cause I, I'm feelin' blue.
 
We only said goodbye with words
I died a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to...

Black, black, black, black, black, black, black.

Cheers, og
 
Back in black I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
Yes I am
Let loose from the noose
That's kept me hanging about
I kept looking at the sky cause it's gettin' me high
Forget the hearse cause I'll never die
I got nine lives cat's eyes
Abusin' every one of them and runnin' wild
Cause I'm back
Yes I'm back
Well I'm back
Yes I'm back
Well I'm back back
Well I'm back in black
Yes I'm back in black.
 
I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a newborn baby, it just happens everyday...

Cheers, og
 
If I stand all alone, will the shadow hide the color of my heart
Blue for the tears, black for the night's fears
The star in the sky don't mean nothin' to you, they're a mirror
I don't want to talk about it, how you broke my heart
If I stay here just a little bit longer
If I stay here, won't you listen to my heart, whoa, heart?
 
I've been to Hollywood
I've been to Redwood
I crossed the ocean for a heart of gold
I've been in my mind
It's such a fine line
That keeps me searching for a heart of gold...

Cheers, og
 
You took me from the shelter of my mother
I have never known or loved another
We kissed after taking vows
That night on our honeymoon
We stayed in separate rooms
I wait in the darkness of my lonely room
Filled with sadness filled with gloom
Hoping soon
That you'll walk back through that door
And love me like you tried before
Now that you've gone
All that's left is a band of gold
All that's left are the dreams i hold
Band of gold

'Band of Gold', Freda Payne
 
Over there is the picture we took when I made her my bride
Over there is the chair where I held whenever she cried
Over there by the window, the flowers she left - have all died
In my room, way at the end of the hall
I sit and stare at the wall
Thinking how lonely I've grown, all alone
In my room
 
At the party she was kindness in the hard crowd.
Consolation for the old wound now forgotten.
Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes.
She's just dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings...

Cheers, og
 
She holds the neck of the bottle
Her every thought is a riddle
You try to rise to the level
You sink back down and it feels
Like a north wind breezin' your body again
Like a slow day makin' it's way in the dark
To a mouth where the feelings start
Rushing out like the blood from a bleeding heart

'blood of a bleeding heart', Primitive Radio Gods
 
She will promise you more
Than the Garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you
And laugh while you're bleedin'
But she'll bring out the best
And the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself
Cause she's always a woman to me...

Cheers, og
 
Woman
I can hardly express
My mixed emotions at my thoughtlessness
After all, I'm forever in your debt
And woman
I will try to express
My inner feeling and thankfulness
For showing me the meaning of success
 
Got a black magic woman
Got a black magic woman

I've got a black magic woman
Got me so blind I can't see
That she's a black magic woman
She's tryin' to make a devil out of me

Don't turn your back on me, baby
Don't turn your back on me, baby

Yes, don't turn your back on me baby
Stop messin' around with your tricks
Don't turn your back on me baby
You just might pick up my magic sticks

Got your spell on me baby
Got your spell on me baby

Yes you got your spell on me baby
Turning my heart into stone
I need you so bad - magic woman
I can't leave you alone.

Cheers, og
 
Back
Top Bottom