• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Converting 240V Receiver to 120V

hnash53

Super Member
There's a nice Yamaha R-S300 Receiver for sale on eBay, but says it was purchased in Italy. The manual for this receiver says that the European versions are 240V, 50 Hz. I've sent questions to the seller, but have yet to receive a reply, so.............

is there a way to convert a 240V, 50Hz receiver to 120V 60Hz?

Thanks.

Hal
 
Register to hide this ad
Use a step down/step up transformer. Voltage converting transformers are cheap.
 
Last edited:
Kevin
Thanks for the prompt reply. So from what I have gathered is that I would need a "step up" transformer... to step our US 120 V power UP to meet the 240 V this receiver requires. Do I have the right idea?

Then, can you recommend any suppliers of such transformers that might best be used in stepping up audio equipment like this receiver? Or are all such "step up" transformers the same?

I'll continue scouting this out and educating myself.

Again, thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

Hal
 
If I am looking at the right receiver, it shows it being sold in the US, so there was a 120v version. So it may have a transformer made for both 120v and 240v and just needs switched inside. But if not, like KevinCorr said, step up/down transformers are cheap, just make sure you get one big enough in wattage to cover the needs of the receiver. As for a place to get a transformer, try MAT electronics, or Allied electronics.
 
Back
Top Bottom