• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cool Covers

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - David Lindley
Little Sister - Ry Cooder
Dark End Of The Street - Linda Ronstadt
Down To Zero - Bettye LaVette

Steve
 
Tom's Diner/Walk on the Wild Side Cover/Remix

I can't remember who at the moment but it's a house remix melding of Tom's Diner (Suzanne Vega) and Walk on the Wild Side (Lou Reed). Very cool.
 
Toots and the Maytals do a reggae version of John Denver's Country Road. I know it seems like an odd concoction, but it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrg_KhoWADM

I saw the late Yellowman do that one live back in Champaign. Very cool.

Along those lines check out the soundtrack to "50 First Dates". It is reggae covers of popular 80's tunes. Even includes Ziggy Marley doing The Cars' "Drive". My fave is UB40 doing "Every Breath You Take". Well worth a listen if you like the reggae vibe.

Ray
 
Michael Hedges - "A Love Bizarre" by Sheila E/Prince.

Aztec Camera - "Jump" by Van Halen


WORST COVER EVER: Paul Young doing Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart"
 
From Burt Bacharach's "One Amazing Night" CD.

What's New Pussycat? - Mike Myers
Baby It's You/A Message to Michael - Chrissie Hynde


Across the Universe/Beatles - Fiona Apple

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
 
From Burt Bacharach's "One Amazing Night" CD.

What's New Pussycat? - Mike Myers
Baby It's You/A Message to Michael - Chrissie Hynde


Across the Universe/Beatles - Fiona Apple

Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole


I actually prefer the Rufus Wainwright cover of Across the Universe from the I Am Sam soundtrack, which was overall a pretty stellar collection of Beatles covers imo

And there's a version of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow and it goes into What a Wonderful World, and that song is just fantastic.

And I second Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah because i'm partial to Jeff Buckley and because I'm sick of hearing the other covers.

Oh and Ryan Adams' Wonderwall is a great interpretation, though I can't say I particularly like the original... Oasis is down in my books right now.

Sixpence None The Richer, I think mostly because of their singer's voice, has put out some great covers including Crowded House's Don't Dream it's Over, they also did a U2 cover somewhere...

oh and i like Stars' cover of The Smiths' This Charming Man, even though this is more of my Stars and Smiths love than the cover
 
Back
Top Bottom