• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Corner Full Range Speaker-I.D.?

bobsvinyl

Painfully Aware
Subscriber
I picked this speaker up today at GW for pocket change. No badge or identifying marks. The driver had some numbers that are in the following photos. It is a little over 8" in diameter and weighs 2 pounds, 12 oz. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9439.JPG
    IMG_9439.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9440.JPG
    IMG_9440.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9441.JPG
    IMG_9441.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9443.JPG
    IMG_9443.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 60
Register to hide this ad
1056 could be Fisher.
I wanted to agree at first, but that looks like the backplate of a ferrite/ceramic magnet which would be too new for Fisher i'm pretty sure, meaning the EIA code is for Gefco. Date code suggests 24th week of a year ending in 9, likely '69.
 
Here's some more photos of the back of the driver and one of the cabinet. Don't tell my wife I was working on the dining room table. :thumbsup:

IMG_9444.JPG IMG_9445.JPG IMG_9446.JPG
 
I wanted to agree at first, but that looks like the backplate of a ferrite/ceramic magnet which would be too new for Fisher i'm pretty sure, meaning the EIA code is for Gefco. Date code suggests 24th week of a year ending in 9, likely '69.
You're probably right, I don't know much about these numbering systems, just looked at the codes via google. The red cones remind me of Misco.
 
Back
Top Bottom