• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Correct damping fluid for a Garrard Lab 80 ?

gadget73

junk junkie
Subscriber
Would anyone know the proper viscosity of damping fluid needed for a Lab 80? When I was rebuilding mine, I cleaned it off without realizing what it was, and now I'd like to replace it so the arm lift is properly damped.
 
Register to hide this ad
hmm, RC car stuff. A friend of mine is into RC cars. I wonder if he's got some of this stuff on hand.

Not sure how heavy the arm is honestly. It looks stupidly chunky but the wood actually weighs very little. It has aluminum underneath and the headshell is magnesium. The weight on the back end is a bit much though. I've got an old M93E on it and I had to tape a penny to the headshell to get it to balance out. I'm only running about a gram and a half, but without the penny it wouldn't even adjust to zero weight. I sort of wish I'd thought to weigh it when it was out, though I never intended to remove it, and it was a massive PITA to re-assemble with the ball bearings. I've done it twice now, the first time was an accident, the second because I hadn't cinched the locking screw down enough and it popped out on it's own.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom