• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Could This Be For Real??

onwardjames

Hoardimus Maximus
Subscriber
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-SX-3800-Stereo-Receiver-Vintage-Rare-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ170138376443QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3279QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemOkay gentlemen,

I been seeing these guys on the bay...-http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-SX-3800-Stereo-Receiver-Vintage-Rare-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ170138376443QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3279QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They always seem to have these "NEVER USED, NEVER OPENED" amps for sale....

Seems just a bit on the fishy side, to me..

never posted a link, so forgive my Luddite ass...
 
Register to hide this ad
I know of that seller. He got in on a hell of a deal with an older guy who had all this gear in his shop which he closed. The pieces are being sold off one by one. Nice NIB gear but his prices are way out of wack if you ask me.
 
How is he taking advantage of the elderly gentleman? I know he has been selling off for some time and seems to have an idea as how to sell to keep prices up. I do not track him so do not know his % of sales closed successfully.
 
Just to keep this focused, he wanted 300 bucks for a NIB Pioneer SX-580. I think what he's done is convert 1979 dollars to today's value.

Still, it WOULD be nice to lift one outta the packing foam and sleeve...:rockon:
 
What year is that receiver? I couldn't find a listing at the Classic Audio site. What are the specs? No, I'm not even vaguely tempted.... or that crazy! What a lot of money!
 
I know of that seller. He got in on a hell of a deal with an older guy who had all this gear in his shop which he closed. The pieces are being sold off one by one. Nice NIB gear but his prices are way out of wack if you ask me.

Ah yes, I remember this incredible warehouse sale a while back...yup the prices are all out of whack...probably using an inflation calculator or expecting the original MSRP. But still impressive that it's NIB.
 
Too Expensive!!! lol... He's just selling at Australian Prices. OK, maybe abit more than Aussie prices, but they are virgin vintage, never been smoked around, never been thrashed, no scratches, no need for repainting wood cover etc.
 
Ah, our buddy enviro comes up again. His % of completed items is very low, at least for the new in the box audio gear. His vinyl seems to do ok.
His listing fees must be a fortune. I have seen some of the same items listed over and over again for over a year with an insane opening bid. If this guy wants to make a killing, all he has to do is list the stuff with a $9.99 opening bid and no reserve, and let the bids fly. He would probably get close to his asking price in many cases once the bidding wars start.
He can't be making much money by sitting on the stuff and listing it over and over.
 
NIB....The components still age in storage, I think he's asking way too much. Looks nice, though.
 
:smoke: Too much, I agree - but still he sold one just last week!
After seeing this, I jumped on a similar model (an SX-3700) the other day for $30.
It made me feel good.:D
 
Back
Top Bottom